This event is now closed. To receive updates about future Users Meetings, email your request to email@example.com
- Plenary session on the first day, with keynote talks from prominent members of the nanoscience community, and contributed talks from conference participants.
- Poster session with drinks and appetizers.
- Breakout symposia on the second day, highlighting hot areas in nanoscience. Symposia consist of invited talks and panel discussions.
- Tours available of the Molecular Foundry's facilities, including the newest addition to the Foundry: the National Center for Electron Microscopy.
- Networking with Foundry staff and users, to learn about the latest capabilities the Foundry has to offer.
- Exhibitor fair, including a raffle contest with great prizes.
Paul S. Weiss,
Distinguished Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry and of Materials Science & Engineering, California NanoSystems Institute, UC Los Angeles.
Ralph J. Greenspan, Director, Center for Brain Activity Mapping; Professor of Biology/Neurobiology Section and of Cognitive Science, UC San Diego; Co-Director, Cal-BRAIN.
Roger Falcone, Director of the Advanced Light Source, Berkeley Lab; Professor of Physics, UC Berkeley.
Many thanks to the following sponsors:
Quick event details for participants:
- Registration: The registration desk will be in the meeting tent behind Building 62 (see the map of the meeting area).
- Site Access: If you are not an affiliate or staff of LBNL, you will need a site access pass. If you have not yet received a pass, contact Suksham Barun (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help. Parking will be limited, so participants are encouraged to use the free LBNL shuttle.
- Town Hall Meeting: A town hall meeting for users will be held on Thursday at 1:00 pm, in the Building 62 conference room (room 203). All users and prospective users are strongly encouraged to attend, for an opportunity to discuss your needs and interests with the Users' Executive Committee.
- Foundry Tour: A tour of the Molecular Foundry will be offered on Thursday, starting at 5pm. To attend, meet at the registration desk at 5pm.
- Poster Awards: The awards for best posters will be announced at lunchtime on Friday.
- Vendor Raffle: Visit the vendor tables to enter a raffle to win some great prizes! The raffle winners will be announced at lunchtime on Friday.
- Foundry merchandise will be available for purchase, being sold by the Users' Executive Committee. Cash or credit cards accepted.